End of Public Beta
Last Updated: February 21, 2021
Thank you for being one of Taplist.io's beta users!
In November 2019, Taplist.io officially launched to the public and ended our public beta. As part of this launch, we invited you to convert your account to one of our official plans. You are receiving this notice if you have not yet done so.
On March 31, 2021, we will be ending support for accounts which have no plan selected. If you do nothing, your account will stop updating.
To continue uninterrupted service with Taplist.io, please take the following action:
- Review our plans and pricing page. We are proud to continue to offer a free version of our service.
- Log in to your account and visit the Plan & Billing page.
- Select a plan. If selecting a paid plan, you can pick month-to-month (if available) or annual pricing.
If you have questions about plans, we are more than happy to help. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions and Answers
Here are some common questions and their answers. If your question isn't answered, please contact us.
Why are we making this change?
We have been proud to maintain high quality, uninterrupted service for all of our original beta users. However, for technical and business reasons, we can no longer support these legacy and non-standard plans.
What are the benefits to selecting a paid plan?
There are several benefits to you to selecting a paid plan:
- Additional features: We have launched numerous new features in the past year to subscribers, including: Custom domains, additional artwork, price management, and more.
- Official support: Paid plans include official support by e-mail.
- Continued, high-quality service: We are a small business, owned and operated by the people who make it. Our business is entirely supported its by customers. We do not sell data, accept advertisements, or profit from anything other than happy customers.
What happens if I do nothing?
If you do nothing, your account will stop publishing on April; 1, 2021. Your data will remain intact for a short period, but your web menu and any TV displays will no longer be updated. Learn more about this state in our help center.
What notice have I received?
We have tried to give the maximum possible advance notice to our users to minimize any disruption caused by this change:
- During our public beta: When you joined, we noted in our public documentation that service would be subject to change upon exiting beta, and that some features may be paid.
- When we launched in November 2019: We published a detailed launch announcement through in-app notifications in the dashboard, and invited you to upgrade.
- Since then: Your account has shown a "Select a Plan" notice at the top of the dashboard.
- Now: We are emailing and publishing in-app notifications, which link to this page, for the small number of users who remain on beta accounts.
We know any change to service has potential to be disruptive, and we are waiting several months to give any users who need it time to make other arrangements.
I am a small business suffering from COVID-19. Can you offer assistance?
We have a strong connection to the service industry & the hard times we're all going through right now. We are proud to have offered support and relief to businesses undergoing temporary closure.
Please reach out to support if you're in a difficult situation because of COVID-19 and we see what we can do.
I'm not interested. How do I close and delete my account?
No problem! We know it is impossible for us to serve everyone well We believe closing your account should be just as easy as signing up.
If you'd like to close your account, follow either one of these options:
- Do nothing. Your account will automatically stop publishing on April 1, 2021, and your account will be automatically closed 30 days after that.
- Contact us. Reach out to email@example.com from your account's email and we'll be happy to close it for you.
We're a small team, and we know we might not have covered it all. If you have a question which still isn't answered, please reach out; we're happy to help figure it out. You may reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.